HUD 2530 COMPLIANCE
Are you aware that your organizations HUD 2530 data is safer by storing it in the Active Partners Performance System (APPS) as oppose to a loose piece of paper? Today, all the affordable housing industry must work in HUD Secure Systems. The HUD APPS is how HUD prefers to receive a Previous Participation Certification ( HUD 2530 Guidance ) application. Now is the time to have your 2530 applications filed and maintained through APPS.
Why Secured Systems Consulting?
We are Friendly and Professional.
Working with our team of HUD 2530 compliance experts is enjoyable and productive. We focus on making progress and to achieve this, we seek to understand every detail in your report and its impact on your company. Our undivided attention, contribution, and follow up is unsurpassed and the reason why we succeed in every regulatory issue we undertake.
We Have Vast Experience in HUD 2530 Guidance.
For over 20 years, we have handled hundreds of thousands of units and billions of dollars in transactions. With this experience, you can have the assurance that you are hiring the best team for your HUD 2530 compliance needs.
Here are some of the transactional work we’ve handled in our years of operation:
NHP Merger – 87, 659 units worth $279 million
Insignia Financial Merger – 191,000 units worth $910 million
Oxford Properties Merger – 36,662 units worth $301 million
Casden/ Napico Merger – 17,383 units worth $1.5 billion
Preservation and Redevelopments
Tax Credit award for the refurbishment of 58 properties – $417 million
FHA Financing of 221 (d) 4 loan for 308 units at Pacific Bay Vistas, San Bruno, California.
FHA Financing 221 (d) 4 loan for 730 units at Lincoln Place, Venice California
Transformed twelve management organizations into four and acquired a HUD HQ approval without the need to alter the management certifications which could have had a negative impact on the management fees.
Sale of the remaining Napico Portfolio worth $8 million
We carried out other restructurings to make the organization’s structure simpler and this resulted in huge savings on taxes for the company.
Our firm serves clients from around the country. We provide up to date regulatory guidance and best practices for filing and maintaining an organizations HUD Regulatory documents, with an added emphasis on the HUD 2530.
HUD reviews Owners, Management Agents, Operators, General Contractors, Master Tenant/Landlords wishing to be Participants in Multifamily Housing and Healthcare Programs’.
HUD Transactional Guidance
- File HUD 2530 application through the Active Partners Performance Systems (APPS)
- The HUD 2530 / Previous Participation Certification is a risk management tool. The U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) uses the application to measure the risk factor for doing business with an organization. HUD analyzes this record to evaluate past, present and future responsibilities, performance, participation and business practices. Approval for new or further participation is a privilege earned with a good record and a history of responsible performance.
- Set and Maintain 2530 reporting.
- Review existing 2530 reporting to ensure it conforms to the most current HUD guidance.
- 2530 Flags and Administrative Sanction Issues
- We know firsthand that these types of issues have a negative impact on our clients doing new business. We have successfully assisted our clients in resolving matters with the Office of Inspector General and resolving 2530 flags.
- Management Entity Profiles (HUD form 9832) We create new and review/update existing profiles.
- Management Entity Profiles are filed to HUD when the Management Agent is requesting to manage a new asset or when there is company information that has change.
- This resume’ provides HUD with a snapshot of a management companies associations, identity of interests, policies and procedures as it relates to affordable housing.
- Management Certifications (HUD 9839-b) – Maximizing Management Fees.
- This document certifies to HUD that the owner and agent will abide by regulatory guidelines for management of the HUD asset. This document establishes the management fee. Incorrectly filling out the management fee portion of the form can have an adverse effect on the potential for future management fee increases.
- Set up in Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS) and SAM systems.
- You must be set up with a DUNS number and process an application through the governments SAM system in order to receive funds from the government for items such as Grants, Section 8 etc. The SAM has to show as activated and must be renewed annually.
HUD Secure Systems
- Serve as an Outsourced Coordinator to administer User Access in WASS to utilize various systems such as: EIV, TRACs, FASS, LOCCs etc.
- Upgrade and Terminate Coordinators and Users in the HUD Secure System
- Assign Auditor access to the FASS system.
- FASS Waiver Request
- Financial Flag resolution
- Provide REAC Inspection Reports from the Physical Assessment Subsystem (PASS)
Podcast with Nan McKay
We would be amiss if we did not write to tell you how much we appreciated your assistance with our 2530 submission. You knocked it out of the park with the first submission and got our approval, even though the government was shut down! You stayed on top of HUD and you kept us informed every step of the way. We would highly recommend your company!
I coordinated with Rosemarie for fourteen years on HUD regulatory issues between AIMCO Apartment Homes and Security Properties Inc., while she was Director of Regulatory Affairs. Rosemarie’s encyclopedic knowledge of HUD procedures, people skills and enthusiasm are unmatched. I have never met anyone with such meticulous organizational skills and sheer ability to just “get things done.”
Rosemarie is diligent and tenacious, yet always professional and personable. Her contributions at AIMCO were invaluable, and her relationships and experience are a potential asset for any owner of government subsidized properties.
Rosemarie Harris was able to work with us through the 2530 process and receive approvals quickly in order to close escrow as scheduled. We would highly recommend Secured Systems Consulting to work with developers on not only the 2530 process but other HUD related processing issues as well.
Having the right HUD 2530 compliance is the key to HUD 2530 reporting. Secured Systems Consulting is your to go company any time you need help with managing the complex HUD system. We have a team of professionals led by Rosemarie Harris who has over 20 years of experience in the industry.
With us, you’ll get the right advice for your organization. You can even choose to outsource your HUD solutions to our experts who will set up, file, and maintain your HUD 2530 reports.